Tethered To A String

“Pull the string, and it will follow wherever you wish. Push it, and it will go nowhere at all.” - Dwight D. Eisenhower

The kite flew over Crescent Beach skies at the whim of the wind and the hands below that gripped its strings, oblivious to current realities. Many around the world don't know when classrooms will reopen, when work will be possible, when loved ones on opposite sides of banned borders can be visited. They are like kites waiting for a string to snap so they can break free from the constraints of the pandemic. B.C. carefully started reopening when the curve flattened. Hopefully, citizens will act responsibly as things move along. If we push forward too soon we will need to pull back. Until a quick fix arrives, COVID-19 demands extreme patience, leaving much about life up in the air. Waiting for clarity is uncomfortable but some still enjoy the moments and persevere.


Explore more horizons at SKYWATCH and OUR WORLD.

Still the kid I used to be

Visit Postcards From Penelope Puddle and Penelope Puddlisms: BC Life Is A Whale Of A Ride to view more West Coast scenes.

Because the state of our planet is the most pressing issue of our time, link up and learn about the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) Report.

Comments

  1. Hello, it is good to see careful re-openings.. People must still wear their mask in public areas. Having patience and staying calm, being kind will help everyone. Love the kite images. Wishing you a happy day and weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice kite, long time ago I saw one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...typically I am not a patience persons, but under the current circumstances i'm prepared to wait!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. interesting quote, fitting with you image.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is nothing more relaxing than watching a kite fly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty! I am actually waiting to receive a print of a watercolor painting in the mail today. It's called "Kites," with people on a beach with kites.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great Dwight D. Eisenhower quote, a very clever pairing with what is going on today. I am always shaking my head these days. Anyhow, those are real pretty kite photos. Stay safe and healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a gorgeous, wonderful atmosphere you created!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well said, my dear, well said. Our son will be moving in with us - he recently graduated from college but the job search is going slowly. We are excited to have him home, but I am sure that it will be an adjustment for all of us. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice kites. Great that a reopening started. Here we are lucky and have no community spread atm. In my home country Holland they do also well as they test everyone and use social distancing I am worried that it is going to take a long time before things get back to normal in the world

    ReplyDelete
  11. That looks so cheerful ! In these times I need a lot of things to cheer me up ! I hate going shopping I just like to go to friends !

    ReplyDelete
  12. When I was a kid, kite flying was a big thing, and where I lived we all made our own. I don't remember seeing anyone with a store-bought kite. Now it seems to be a popular pastime in the Asian community, but even at that I don't see people flying kites often. and I NEVER see a home made kite. And more's the pity.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The kite is flying comfortably stretching streamer tails. Kite-flying is a nice choice as an analogy. Once the curve became flat but with gradual lift of restrictions, things have been getting worse especially in Tokyo. In Nara City, infection has been zero since mid-May but has been increasing little by little. Good part is that most of the positive people have no or few symptoms. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome kite and sky shots ^_^

    Live each moment with love,
    A ShutterBug Explores

    ReplyDelete
  15. We still need a lot of patience! Love the kite shots.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Persevere and enjoy the moments ... that is just about all I *can* do. What an apt quote and perfect picture.

    ReplyDelete
  17. remind me when I was kid, I like to fly kite.
    Great shot

    ReplyDelete
  18. I like the quote, so apt at the moment. I haven't seen any kites for a long time. Your photos are a reminder of what I am missing.

    ReplyDelete
  19. good season for kite flying, so is the air here blowing kites

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your thoughts add colour to the content and are always much appreciated. Please note comments embedded with links might not go through.

Popular posts from this blog

The Couch Art Where Bernie Came To Visit

The Door To Forest Magic At Sandy Trail

Fanning The Flames Of Extreme Weather