When Everyday Is A Bad Hair

“Some of the worst mistakes in my life were haircuts” ― Jim Morrison

I've seen this neighbourhood cat often on my walks. Like many of us, his hair had become a furry mess over these weeks. I think now that more groomers are available, he was delighted with his new do, especially the stylish tail.


My husband and I have been snipping at my hair but I have to say the look is not nearly as artistic as the cat's cut.

Minus the perm and more youthful face, this old picture of me is much like the cut I have now. Although you'd never know it by the looks of the photo, I used to be far more concerned with my hair then than now.

Come to think of it, there were many times when I was unhappy with a professional cut but gave a tip and a smile nonetheless.

It's great that hairdressers can operate again in B.C. but to be honest this pandemic made me realize I'm just as happy doing it myself. Besides, all my cuts devolve into the one (below) when I was five-years-old.

Explore more at OUR WORLD.

Still the kid I used to be

Visit Postcards From Penelope Puddle and Penelope Puddlisms: BC Life Is A Whale Of A Ride to view more West Coast scenes.

Because the state of our planet is the most pressing issue of our time, link up and learn about the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) Report.


Comments

  1. Hello, I love that Jim Morrison quote. My hair is the last thing I worry about now. Even though hubby and I are keeping it trimmed. Your hair style is cute, I like the photo of you and the handsome cat. Enjoy your day, have a great new week!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wild thing! I got a haircut after 4 months. Now I know I can survive without one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Penelope - Hair salons and barbershops had choice to open or close as essential services during the state of emergency, but most of them stopped operation. My recent haircut was end of May. The hairdresser was armed with a face shield; I kept wearing a mask. I like your windblown hair in your youth and the five-year-old girl is so cute. Micro bangs are popular again recently.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE this post! I got a haircut recently and have enjoyed the luxury of having bangs that didn't hang in my eyes. I'd been wearing my granddaughter's barrettes, and that wasn't a good look for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am excited about having my hair cut tomorrow. Bunches and ponytails should be left to the younger ones.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your haircuts! I'm going to get mine cut after nearly five months. My hairdresser has her own eco salon and only has one customer at a time with space inbetween to clean and disinfect.

    ReplyDelete
  7. As a man who has dealt with serious follicular devastation since my thirties, haircuts are never an issue! My wife finally was able to get an appointment recently, but I miss the long-haired siren lying next to me in bed, long hair cascading over the pillow..........

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the old photo of you and always when you were a little girl. Turning 70 I am going to be turning into Crystal Gayle's style and that's okay with me :) My dentist has canceled two appointments and that's okay with me too. Hopefully I won't have to make any emergency visits as I have been taking such good care of my teeth!!! I really do feel for people who are not retired like us, and worry about those who are running small businesses and those who need to bring in an income to keep a roof over their families heads and food in their mouths. It's a tough one world wide. Lighter note, your posts keep us going and I love them. The kitty made me smile, as did the rest of your post. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your haircut!! When I was a kid way back when Dad gave my brother and I buzz cuts. I hated them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. cute...
    love the photo when you was kid

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh dear, I hope your self-hair dressing comes out a LITTLE better than five-year-old you …. Your adult picture reminds me of the glory of perms in the 80s - I had such long hair it would take two "perms" to do my hair! Don't miss those days!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lol ! what a haircut hope that kitty doesn't get a sunburn !

    ReplyDelete
  13. The cat certainly does have a fancy do. Great shot of you from some time ago. My hair grows like a weed and unfortunately with age it has thinned. I've been winding it into what I used to think of as a poorly done bun until I heard that sloppy buns are fashionable. I guess that means I'm fashionable which has to be a first for me.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your thoughts add colour to the content and are always much appreciated. Please note comments embedded with links might not go through.

Popular posts from this blog

The Couch Art Where Bernie Came To Visit

The Door To Forest Magic At Sandy Trail

Humankind-ness & The New Umbrella For Our Times