Squirrelly Thoughts & Lucid Moments

The world seems in danger and my thoughts jump about as erratically as that little squirrel scampering from branch to branch. One cannot exist without glimmers of hope so I look for beauty to clear my head. Sometimes it's under my feet and other times it's high up in the clouds. When I was a child I would lie on the grass, gaze at the sky and float on puffs of white wondering where they would take me. I never imagined the troubles we'd find ourselves in, the environment and old grievances surfacing as new wars. Squirrels gnaw on fences; humans have a knack for knocking them down. 

Explore more at SKYWATCH FRIDAY and see Saturday's Critters.

Still the kid I used to be

Visit Postcards From Penelope Puddle and Musings of A Puddlist In B.C. to view more West Coast scenes.

Because the state of our planet is the most pressing issue of our time, link up and learn about the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) Report.


Below, President Zelensky stays positive because he, in particular, can't give up hope.

 

Comments

  1. I used to lie down and look at the sky also and still visualize sometimes what a cloud sees on the as it moves across the sky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh your sky shots are divine along with your lovely caring post ~ Xo

    Wishing you love and peace in your days,

    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beautiful sky photos! I love the old stone chimney, and also the cityscape.

      Delete
  3. I love the little squirrel. They are so industrious and they endure.
    Blessings to the people of Ukraine. May they also endure...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wished the world would have all squirrels instead of bad people ! I can see some from my terrace on the 3rd floor and they run around on the hedges. We only have the little red once not the big grey squirrels like in the UK or in the States.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute squirrel photo. Lovely sky captures, such beautiful views of the city. My prayers go out to President Zelensky and the people of Ukraine. Take care, enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your sky photos too. I love seeing shapes and changes in the clouds! Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You had me with the squirrel and I was captivated by your skies.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice shots of a lovely squirrel and dramatic skies! The seventh look like a mirage.

    Yoko

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your thoughts add colour to the content and are always much appreciated. Please note comments embedded with links might not go through.

Popular posts from this blog

The Couch Art Where Bernie Came To Visit

The Door To Forest Magic At Sandy Trail

Fanning The Flames Of Extreme Weather