The Big & Little About Happiness

What is happiness? The poster made me think it's about perspective. If you or your home are not being literally attacked as is happening now in Ukraine, then a Happiness Toolkit might do the trick for whatever ails you. Big and little problems exist side-by-side and I can only guess what's in the kit. When life has no peace in it, happiness could mean having survived to see clearer skies. In times of calm and sometimes even trouble, happiness can be as simple as a puppy's cuddle. Sometimes it's about figuring out what you can and cannot control. Oprah Winfrey said it well: Breathe. Let go. And remind yourself that this very moment is the only one you know you have for sure. 










Explore more at SKYWATCH FRIDAY and see Saturday's Critters.

Still the kid I used to be

Visit Postcards From Penelope Puddle and Musings of A Puddlist In B.C. to view more West Coast scenes.

Because the state of our planet is the most pressing issue of our time, link up and learn about the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) Report.


Comments

  1. Lovely nature scenes and lots of happiness in them ~ Xo

    Wishing you love and laughter in your days,

    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos. You are right... so many big and little problems swirling around us these days!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the photos and the topic. Yes, the people in Ukraine, and other places, have a whole different outlook on happiness.

    To me, happiness is in the small pleasures of life. I've known lots of rich people in my life. In my opinion they are no more happier than anybody else.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maria - happiness is very much a matter of perspective, and with the exception of people embroiled in a war not of their making, it is largely a matter of personal choice. Lovely photos! Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for food for thoughts as always, Maria. How we feel depends on circumstances. The tragedy of Ukraine feels so enormous that it seeps in me even when I’m having fun. I wonder what is real happiness. Having said that, I try to enjoy my pleasure while it lasts as life is uncertain.

    Yoko

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your thoughts, Yoko. I think suffering in one part of the globe creeps into other parts just as bomb blasts in one area send shock waves of varying degrees throughout the planet and can destabilize Earth. Disassociation is impossible. It is one world. Existence is symbiotic. But if we wait for peace everywhere to be joyful … it would be a very long wait, indeed. :)

      Delete
  6. I feel the stress and being in nature definitely helps. Love your pretty photos, especially that big billowy cloud!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello, Maria
    There are many simple pleasures that make me happy. Just taking a walk outside, the pretty scenery, doggie hugs and nature. The people of Ukraine deserve to live in peace and be happy too. I pray for an end to the war. I love the dogs in your photos and the views of the water and sky. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, have a great weekend. PS, thank you for leaving me a comment.

    ReplyDelete
  8. happiness?? I think it is just a moment-long feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello, :=) Lovely seascapes and I enjoyed seeing the dogs. The rook obviously didn't read the sign,:=)...what a good shot! I am happy most of the time, just being outdoors in the fresh air, enjoying the beauty of nature. Other simple things make me happy, such as hugs from my family and kindness.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your thoughts add colour to the content and are always much appreciated. Please note comments embedded with links might not go through.

Popular posts from this blog

The Couch Art Where Bernie Came To Visit

The Door To Forest Magic At Sandy Trail

Fanning The Flames Of Extreme Weather