Worn But Not Broken

"I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear." - Dr. King, Jr.

POPPIES are everywhere this Remembrance Day. It's time to reflect and be humbled by the service of others on behalf of us all. Have you wrongly taken democracy for granted the way I have in my little corner of the world? Worn out Lady Liberty (below) reminded me it took voting and activism from my good neighbours to the South recently to keep authoritarianism at bay. I'm grateful for the checks and balances.


See OUR WORLD to explore more sights from around the globe.

Still the kid I used to be

Visit Postcards From Penelope Puddle and Penelope Puddlisms: BC Life Is A Whale Of A Ride to view more West Coast scenes.

Because the state of our planet is the most pressing issue of our time, link up and learn about the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) Report.

Comments

  1. I hope you are right about keeping authoritarianism at bay south of the border. It may just be a little too early to claim victory. In the meantime poor Trumpie couldn't stand a little rain to do the right thing. Is anyone surprised? And God forbid any reporter should ask him about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think too many people of my country take democracy for granted. What has happened in America or Britain reminded me of the importance of voting. For the leaders, need to keep it in mind that democracy is not all about majority but not neglecting the voices of minorities of dissents. Right now, I’m frustrated with T’s political attitude toward the wild fliers in California.

    Yoko

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, I love that quote. A great message for us all. The statue is pretty. I am praying for our democracy, our current administration has me scared.
    Enjoy your day, have a great new week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. For the moment I would rather dwell on the wonderful quote you shared than think on the dysfunction of my government.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is 100 years this year that women were given the vote in the UK. It is important that we are reminded of the struggle of the suffragettes and make sure we use our democratic right to vote.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful tribute to the veterans who fought so well for freedom ~ love the creative poppies ~

    Happy Veterans Day
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Martin Luther King quote is one of my favorite - I'll stick to love too

    ReplyDelete
  8. We are broken down here right now, but, i hope, not unbowed. Hoping for good to triumph sooner rather than later.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A wonderful quote and a good question. Democracy is a luxury that we take for granted all too often.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A wonderful post and one of my favorite quotes by Dr. King, Jr. Thank you Penelope :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your thoughts add colour to the content and are always much appreciated. Please note comments embedded with links might not go through.

Popular posts from this blog

The Couch Art Where Bernie Came To Visit

The Door To Forest Magic At Sandy Trail

Fanning The Flames Of Extreme Weather