From Sea To Sky Kiteboarding

When the world says, "Give up", Hope whispers, "Try it one more time." - Unknown

HUMANS alas are wingless but love to soar in whatever ways they can. At Crescent Beach, it's not unusual to see kiteboarders take to the skies in strong winds. Recently, a group of adventurers with boards strapped to their feet were a spectacular sight.

Bound to fabric wings, they bounced boldly and carefree across choppy waters. We onlookers were delighted when gusty winds yanked them up into acrobatic maneuvers.

One adventurer (below) had trouble getting started. Not everyone harnesses the power of wind easily on the first, second or third try. His attempts were awkward but I had no doubt he would take flight eventually. Inspired by his resolve, I wondered if I gave up on some goals prematurely. They say talents are gifts but perhaps persistence and interests are gifts. If you're interested, you keep trying and get better.


See OUR WORLD to explore more sights from around the globe.

Still the kid I used to be

Visit Postcards From Penelope Puddle and Penelope Puddlisms: BC Life Is A Whale Of A Ride to view more West Coast scenes.

Because the state of our planet is the most pressing issue of our time, link up and learn about the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) Report.


Comments

  1. aww...stunning photos.….

    I do agree with you to this sentence:"They say talents are gifts but perhaps persistence and interests are gifts."

    Have a great day

    ReplyDelete
  2. Talent is a bonus gift in addition to persistence and interests. Kiteboarding looks difficult to me. There are those who learn quickly to do well due to natural aptitude, but as you wrote I believe we can fly with our wings to fly consisting of longing and persistent efforts. Wish him a good luck of wind.

    Yoko

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got some great photos. I think I would be happy to be a spectator of that sport.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, cool photos of the kiteboarder. I do not think I could try this, too much adventure for me. Enjoy your day and new week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic action shots and I loved the quote. These participants can get very high out of the water can't they? Always amazes me, it's just like they are flying.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You captured the sport well. I can feel the wind and splatter from the waves. 30 years ago I gave windsurfing a try. Several tries. Not once could I turn myself back to shore, whether I was on the ocean or on a lake.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow. So courageous. They are clearly open to letting the wind be in charge!!! Superb shots.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your thoughts add colour to the content and are always much appreciated. Please note comments embedded with links might not go through.

Popular posts from this blog

The Couch Art Where Bernie Came To Visit

The Door To Forest Magic At Sandy Trail

Fanning The Flames Of Extreme Weather