Night Walk To Kwomais Park

"I love the silent hour of night. For blissful dreams may then arise." - Anne Brontë

I GRABBED my warm coat and boots and headed out the door to Kwomais Park in the early morning dark. The air was fresh after a heavy rainfall. A sprinkling of porch lights guided me along the way. Do you love to wrap yourself in the blanket of night the way I do sometimes? At the park's guard rail overlooking Boundary Bay, the moon or glow from some bulb hung like a balloon without strings in a sky too black even for stars.

I heard the crunching of other feet. A lone jogger hidden by a hoodie rushed past me.

Exposed by the flash of my camera, an unexpected white plastic chair (above) ...

and a familiar damp bench lurked behind the veil of night.

In the deep void, empty of all traffic noise, the enchantment of faintly rustling leaves melded with the distant calls of gulls and eagles stirring, preparing for a new day.

Later, in the fullness of light ... an entirely different mood and view.


See OUR WORLD to explore more sights from around the globe.

Still the kid I used to be

Visit Postcards From Penelope Puddle and Penelope Puddlisms: BC Life Is A Whale Of A Ride to view more West Coast scenes.

Because the state of our planet is the most pressing issue of our time, link up and learn about the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) Report.

Comments

  1. I applaud you for going out so early. So many people are petrified of what may lurk in the dark. But you were there at sunup, the very best part of the day. I am sure that the Bald Eagle appreciated your company.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes...yes...I Too love walking in the early morning hour just before sunrise. It's a whole 'new' world!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You described this so well, I almost felt as though I was there. Thanks for my early morning walk. You see some interesting sights and hear the sounds too. I love the hours before dawn.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your writing is always magical; I felt as if experiencing the pre-dawn walk myself. I like the quiet moon-lit night. In the dim dark my senses are open up more and I feel closer to the gods of Nature. However, I tend to get scared easily, so my solitary walk is rare at pre-dawn.

    Yoko

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, I like going out on my deck at night. I go out to look at the moon and stars. I do not wander too far, I tend to trip over stuff. I enjoy your night time views and the last photo is lovely. Enjoy your day and week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty. I've been known to wander around at night.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like to go out in the dark but stay close to home so I can leave it if I want. Darkness is not my element - I prefer the light to be readily available.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your thoughts add colour to the content and are always much appreciated. Please note comments embedded with links might not go through.

Popular posts from this blog

The Couch Art Where Bernie Came To Visit

The Door To Forest Magic At Sandy Trail

Fanning The Flames Of Extreme Weather