Everyday Little Journeys Together

"I love to think that animals and humans and plants and fishes and trees and stars and the moon are all connected." - Gloria Vanderbilt
Crossing a busy city street is a challenge sometimes. Thank goodness for red, orange and green lights to guide us ... and a mother's steady hand.
A pair of geese made it safely across to a grassy edge bordering the sidewalk.
Earlier the days were misty, shrouding familiar scenes in mystery. Someone once said: Sometimes we need the fog to remind ourselves that all of life is not black and white.
I sprinkled the path with stardust because sometimes it does seem that magical.
The fog eventually lifted to reveal a clear picture of Crescent Beach's signature tree.
Trains were making their usual runs, blocking traffic for some thirty minutes or more.
The train situation is a thorny issue in the area. You can read about it HERE.
The eagle was above it all, a steely-eyed winged master of its own universe.
The grass was spongy wet at Elgin Park where willow leaves had not yet formed.
The duck floated as if not a care in the world, her concerns a murky mystery to me.
The raccoon waited for dark before taking to the roofs and streets on its regular route.
After a significant wait, the path cleared and people, too, continued on their journeys.
Explore at Saturday's Critters, Travel Photo SouvenirsOUR WORLD and image-in-ing.

Still the kid I used to be

Visit Postcards From Penelope Puddle and Musings of A Puddlist In B.C. to view more West Coast scenes.

Because the state of our planet is the most pressing issue of our time, link up and learn about the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) Report.


Comments

  1. Wonderful journey :) I especially like the raccoon. We have a couple who climb our back Spruce tree in the middle of the night, but never see them during the day... Great shot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing these wonderful sights you see through your camera lens. I leave smiling as always :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful captures from your outings. I always enjoy seeing the birds, great shots of the Geese, Eagle and the Duck. Your foggy tree images are lovely. Take care, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful bird/wildlife pictures. In our former life, a raccoon sometimes slept on our bedroom window alcove. It never stopped being a surprise to see him when I opened the blind. They are so darn cute, I don't care what people say. You tree photo makes fog beautiful and I am not usually a fan. (I like things bright and clear -- these days it would be much better if I was happy with murky, wouldn't it? )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello,

    Beautiful scenes and I love your photos. The raccoon is really checking you out. The Eagles are always a treat to see, they are beautiful birds. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, enjoy your weekend. PS, thank you for leaving me a comment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the quote and it reminded me of a song lyrics “The wind, town and flowers, we all dance one unity.” I like it, Maria, when the different kinds of image have one unity in the context of your message. Wasting up long time waiting for the gate to rise must be irritating. Some railroads have been elevated to solve the problem. I like each person wearing different nice colored down jacket.

    Yoko

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great photos of the fog and yes we all need reminding that life is not all black and white.
    The geese here will saunter across any major street they want without looking both ways.
    Railroads are necessary but sometimes they sure act arrogant. I could go on and on about them from more former life building pipelines.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The raccoon sure struck a post for you! Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love to see the trains go by, but it's annoying if they make us wait at a level crossing. Fortunately we mostly have overpasses that were built over a century ago.

    best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely journey through ever changing weather. I believe all things of the world are linked together, but unfortunately, humans break that link all too often. Really nice post.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic images! I like that foggy shot and also like the stardust effect.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello, :=) What a fantastic post, I enjoyed your fog scene changed magically with your stardust effect. All the wildlife you encountered on your outings. Geese, ducks, eagle, and that beautiful raccoon. I like how you linked everything together with your words and images. Very enjoyable!:=)

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow! lovely photo walk with you ~ great critters ! Xo

    Wishing you love in your days,

    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good morning, Thank you for your humorous comment. It did make me laugh.:=))

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love that misty photo. You certainly have long trains.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I enjoyed these glorious sights through your camera lens, Penelope.

    Your foggy tree shots are stunners!

    Happy Weekending!

    ReplyDelete
  17. The train blocking traffic reminds me that blocking traffic (and interfering with other people's lives) is something that is becoming all too familiar in Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I haven't seen a raccoon in awhile. I love a surreal fog. Except if I'm driving.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Maria - we have heavy fog on our ski mountain on a regular basis! We call it "skiing by Braille"!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your thoughts add colour to the content and are always much appreciated. Please note comments embedded with links might not go through.

Popular posts from this blog

The Couch Art Where Bernie Came To Visit

The Door To Forest Magic At Sandy Trail

Fanning The Flames Of Extreme Weather