Small Reminders Of Big Things To Remember

"Remember upon the conduct of each depends the fate of all." - Alexander The Great

 

I confess. Remembering is getting tougher as I get older but there are some things I can't forget. A year into the pandemic it seems natural to keep a distance from others as these men have done. Their pets were free of such concerns, however. 
    
Side-stepping a few puddles as I walked the path at Kwomais Park in the community of Ocean Park, I noticed a tiny flash of red on the fence to my right.

Remembrance Day, celebrated in November, was short-changed last year and the usual fundraising was mostly done virtually. Lest we forget ... someone painted a bright red poppy (above) on the metal fence post and it lasted into the new year.

Later in White Rock, the man perpetually waiting for a train in front of the historic train station museum had a splash of colour land on his suitcase. The butterfly was painted on a stone with the words be kind. It was a surprisingly good find during this strange time when being grumpy under stressful covid resitrictions can seem justifyably fine.


Explore more at OUR WORLD.

Still the kid I used to be

Visit Postcards From Penelope Puddle and Penelope Puddlisms: BC Life Is A Whale Of A Ride to view more West Coast scenes.

Because the state of our planet is the most pressing issue of our time, link up and learn about the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) Report.

Comments

  1. These a are real nice pictures !! I can nearly hear the men talking and the little Butterfly on the suitcase of the waiting man is cute ! When I saw the man I thought he would be fit perfectly today in Brussels, because all trains are late or cancelled because FOR ONCE we have snow !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh ~ how wonderful to find a painted poppy and then the gorgeous butterfly ~ and of course, love the sweet doggies ~ lovely photo post ~

    Moment by Moment,

    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These painted stones seem to be a real trend now, and are popping up everywhere. So far they have all had kind, encouraging messages.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your finds. I have painted and left a few stones. I think it is a cool practice in the right places.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm drawn to the purple butterfly and jealous of those dogs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I still hate the fact that I have to avoid people because of the virus.

    Worth a Thousand Words

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your eyes on the painted flower and butterfly turned the mundane walk into something more interesting and enjoyable.

    Yoko

    ReplyDelete
  8. So true that we need to treasure those uplifting moments.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello,

    I like the photo of the dogwalkers doing there social distancing. Cute dogs. The Poppy is lovely and the train station statue is cool. I love the painted rock. We can all afford to Be Kind. Take care, have a happy day and great week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. long time to keep distance to one and others.....
    cute photo of dogs....

    Have a wonderful day

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes, we can get so caught up that we forget the simple things ... that rock is wonderful. I want to paint rocks!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super post :) enjoyed all your photos and loved the little butterfly.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your thoughts add colour to the content and are always much appreciated. Please note comments embedded with links might not go through.

Popular posts from this blog

The Couch Art Where Bernie Came To Visit

The Door To Forest Magic At Sandy Trail

Fanning The Flames Of Extreme Weather