Fleeting Snow & Drifting Thoughts


With nowhere to go, it was fine for a wintry blast to blanket my garden Buddha. It was not long before the pristine snow dissolved into a slushy muddy mix of earth and icy rain. Its spotlessness was as improbable to keep as a pure thought that the Buddha said brought happiness: "We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think. When the mind is pure, joy follows like a shadow that never leaves." If my backyard Buddha could talk, I would ask: Is a pure thought a selfless thought or less thought ... and why is holding one as fleeting as a snowflake melting the moment it is caught?

See OUR WORLD to explore more sights from around the globe.

Still the kid I used to be

Visit Postcards From Penelope Puddle and Penelope Puddlisms: BC Life Is A Whale Of A Ride to view more West Coast scenes.

Because the state of our planet is the most pressing issue of our time, link up and learn about the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) Report.

Comments

  1. It is quite apparent, Maria, that you and Buddha could have some interesting chats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome and creative photo and very contemplative thoughts I can certainly relate with ~ thanks, namaste ^_^

    Happy Moments to You,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for this Buddha’s words, I’ll keep it in mind. Your question sounds like a conundrum. I think “selfless” could lead to “blind obedience” without discerning good and bad. But at the same time our thoughts could make us far from the truth and even lead to the profound darkness. It feels to me that there’d be things we can’t see without becoming silent and empty of thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had to laugh when I saw your Buddha with his snow cap ! My friend has the same in her garden, but rather with a moss cap ! it's still unusually warm here, like autumn ! Even weeds are coming out of our gravel !

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautifully serene photo of Buddha and I do enjoy his quotes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Buddha’s ideals give us something to aim for I guess, although it’s rather difficult to keep a pure and joyful heart in this day and age.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello, I love the snow capped Buddha and the quote. I want JOY to follow me like a shadow. Enjoy your day, wishing you a great new week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would love 'joy to follow me like a shadow' but I don't think there is much chance of me having a 'pure mind'.

    ReplyDelete
  9. As difficult as it is to remain joyful in this day & age, we must keep a happy spirit & soul...always. I like your photo.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the snowy cap on your buddha!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the buddha's snowy cap. I also enjoy his quotes and the way of life he encourages. Not sure what pure thoughts are though.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Holding a thought can be tough, especially in this day and age of many distractions! Cute Buddha.

    ReplyDelete
  13. wonderful the buddha's snowy cap!!!
    Greetings Elke

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your thoughts add colour to the content and are always much appreciated. Please note comments embedded with links might not go through.

Popular posts from this blog

The Couch Art Where Bernie Came To Visit

The Door To Forest Magic At Sandy Trail

Fanning The Flames Of Extreme Weather