Wasting Time & Upbeat About The Grass Coming Back

Winter white was mostly gone and buried greenery reemerged in squishy sprigs and grasses that had been squashed like good news on a bad news day. It was relaxing to travel down a less slippery road to Kwomais Point Park overlooking Semiahmoo Bay.

The bay is part of the Pacific Ocean flowing to all the oceans, connecting us through waterways. I wanted to breathe in the sea air, feel the openness of the world and, like a familiar song (below) says, waste time in a good way. Later, at Crescent Beach, I saw the same bay but from a different perspective.

My walks are like mini vacations but there are more ways to travel without lineups, hassles or slippery roads. Listening to Sittin' On The Dock Of The Bay without leaving your chair will not be a waste of time. It's like a gift basket on a cruise. Take it. This upbeat version of musical surprises is a journey to a brighter view of our world.


See OUR WORLD to explore more sights from around the globe.

Still the kid I used to be

Visit Postcards From Penelope Puddle and Penelope Puddlisms: BC Life Is A Whale Of A Ride to view more West Coast scenes.

Because the state of our planet is the most pressing issue of our time, link up and learn about the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) Report.

Comments

  1. I love the peek-a-boo shot of the grass coming back. My tulip and daffodil shoots are up....in January! A first.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, Beautiful views of the bay. I would like to sit there and breath in the fresh air. Great version of the Sitting on the Dock of the bay song. Thanks for stopping by my blog. Wishing you a happy day and weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still haven't seen a single snowflake this year, but weeds and flowers are coming out ! As I don't like garden work, I observe this green coming out not with happiness ! I love flowers when I can sit on a bench and just enjoy them !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, we have to keep looking for ways to be happy in spite of everything. Keeping our spirits up in a way that reminds us that we are all connected is definitely a good thing and not at all a waste of time. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous ocean shots and the green beneath the snow ice ~ and fun song ~ thanks ^_^

    Happy Moments to You,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good the ice is nearly gone and what a pleasure to live close to that beautiful coastline Love that video Great voice.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those kinds of walks, connected to nature, are beneficial beyond belief. There is a whole emphasis now on biophilia and forest bathing, and it is all to the good I believe, but I can tell you as someone who has spent an entire lifetime wedded to nature, it comes as no surprise that there are so many positive health outcomes from immersion in natural environments. Do it as often as you can, Maria.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are making me homesick. We are getting ready for part two of our Snowbird RV Adventure to Arizona. It should be fun and warm, but my heart will always be in BC. - Margy

    ReplyDelete
  9. A very pretty series and I enjoyed them as well as the video. I feel totally at peace when I am walking in nature. A beautiful canvas of pleasing emotions :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. We are quite a ways from seeing any green grass. But I can live vicariously through you, especially when listening to this quintessential summer song!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this post, everything is interconnected, both in space and in time.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your thoughts add colour to the content and are always much appreciated. Please note comments embedded with links might not go through.

Popular posts from this blog

The Couch Art Where Bernie Came To Visit

The Door To Forest Magic At Sandy Trail

Fanning The Flames Of Extreme Weather