More Than A Cookie Cutter Love

Love has many meanings and depths. Luckily, it's more than just cookie-cutter like the shallow hearts I stamped into the melting snow in my yard recently. The love of nature and our surroundings is expressed with photographs on sites such as Our World. And we're instructed to love our neighbours, even our enemies. So perhaps this Valentine's it isn't selfish to give a little love also to ourselves. As the Buddha said: "You, yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection."

Love is also a beacon that lures you in and can sometimes stick like the intense flurries that burst on the scene last night. After a relatively flake-free winter in southwest BC, we got our share ... turning my welcoming garden Buddha into a frosty snow cone.


See OUR WORLD to explore more sights from around the globe.

Still the kid I used to be

Visit Postcards From Penelope Puddle and Penelope Puddlisms: BC Life Is A Whale Of A Ride to view more West Coast scenes.

Because the state of our planet is the most pressing issue of our time, link up and learn about the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) Report.

Comments

  1. I love this image with the hearts in the snow. Thanks for sharing it and also for stopping by, and have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mustn't forget, Happy Valentine's Day :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. From what I read your flake-free winter is about to come to an end. Seems to me you are in for some serious snow. I suspect that Vancouver is ill equipped to handle it too. Good luck! Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your post sounds like the teacher at my Yoga class this morning. Her class was focused appropriately on the Heart Chakra for the week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, we are in the best position to love others if we love ourselves first. Thanks for the idea to use my scarf brooches as napkin rings! Love it! Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your Buddha! Enjoy the snow - it looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful expression of love and jeez what a lot of snow Your beautiful Buddha nearly disappeared

    ReplyDelete
  8. What seems like a thousand years ago when I took PSYCH 101 one of the textbooks was "The Art of Loving" by Erich Fromm, and as I recall one of its central themes was that if you are incapable of self love then you are rendered incapable of loving others.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A lovely sentiment. I love the cookie cutter idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the way how you made the setting to tell your story, as always. I like your garden Buddha, he has a gentle face. He looks like a chef in the last pic. Such a lot of snow is unlikely to happen in my place. It has been unsatisfactory cold, not cold enough for snow or frost, and it’s warming up for the week ahead. Stay warm.

    Yoko

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your thoughts add colour to the content and are always much appreciated. Please note comments embedded with links might not go through.

Popular posts from this blog

The Couch Art Where Bernie Came To Visit

The Door To Forest Magic At Sandy Trail

Fanning The Flames Of Extreme Weather