Treasure Hunter Amid The Drops

Like pirates of old, we are all treasure hunters. The man (above) hopes to find his "riches" buried within the muddy Crescent Beach shores.

Others hunt for birds to observe like those (below) gathered in a deepening sunset.
 
Did you collect things when you were a child? I had a passion for autumn leaves.

These leftover blooms of summer were my treasures.

Because of the frequent rain, I would often need to dry out my soggy finds.  

It was fun to press the finest of these possessions firmly into my bulging scrapbooks. 

In those days, I sought perfection to proudly show my teachers. 

Now I'm older and less "perfect" myself I see a broader range of beauty.

Nature paints more vividly in fall when leafy wings detach and flutter to the ground.

Mysterious murky browns and grays settle more subtly amid the brighter hues. 

My camera is a scrapbook now.

I gladly let rain-soaked foliage sleep wherever it falls.  

Curling, twisting, shredding, melding ... 

 I collect these gems only as photos now before they're swept to the dustbins of time.


Explore more at OUR WORLD.

Still the kid I used to be

Visit Postcards From Penelope Puddle and Penelope Puddlisms: BC Life Is A Whale Of A Ride to view more West Coast scenes.

Because the state of our planet is the most pressing issue of our time, link up and learn about the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) Report.

Comments

  1. In my childhood I collected acorns as well as colored leaves in autumn. My first-grader grandson likes to name his collected torn leaves like “fish bone”, “bitten baby hands”, “dinosaur”, and so on. I love your collection, Penelope. Each has its best color with its uniquity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love your grandson’s descriptions … he has the imagination of a good writer.

      Delete
  2. Hello,
    Nature does paint lovely scenes, the fall colors and leaves are beautiful.
    I like that you collect items in a photo, I do the same. It is a way to collect my memories. Take care. Wishing you a great day and a happy new week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful ocean scenes and delightful macro shots of the beautiful autumn leaves in their glory whatever the stage falling ^_^

    Live each moment with love,

    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am still fascinated by the colours and shapes of Autumn. Your photos say so much and are the best way to collect things now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had bought a metal detector for my grandson on Christmas !
    Your pictures show that even rotten leaves can be beautiful !

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Fall as well. One thing that I have learned from my fellow bloggers since I started is that nature's beauty extends to the wilted and browned end of a leave's or flower's existence not just at the prime.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super beach/leaf photos. I liked collecting shells when I was young. I still enjoy picking one up every now and again, that is when I am at the beach, which is rare these days.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I give you an A+ for your leaf collection and the perfectly expressed thoughts about our changing attitudes toward beauty and perfection! .... (and for sharing my addiction for collecting only by camera.).

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think it is an innate part of the human condition that we all collect something. As we get older the habit sometimes gets a little more expensive, however!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your thoughts add colour to the content and are always much appreciated. Please note comments embedded with links might not go through.

Popular posts from this blog

The Couch Art Where Bernie Came To Visit

The Door To Forest Magic At Sandy Trail

Fanning The Flames Of Extreme Weather