Unstoppable Spring & Virtual Travel

An oddly defaced stop sign looked as though someone was having a tantrum about the pleasant weather calling us to play outdoors but under certain restrictions.

Even a simple walk was no longer completely carefree, although the views from Kwomais Point Park of Tsawwassen and the Gulf Islands were as dreamy as ever.

The nearby 1001 Steps gateway to the beach was closed. I can't remember this ever happening, unless for repairs, until now.

Around the corner, a white carpet of tiny daisy-like flowers appeared right on cue to show some things remained normal and that hope for renewal still sprung eternal.

Walking locally or hanging out in the backyard was nice but I've found a whole new way of traveling without leaving my chair. There's a series of walking YouTube videos mostly unpolished and by non-professionals, making them all the more interesting and realistic. They give insight into all corners of the world from back alleys to city centers. If you long for rain, go to a Rambalac video in Japan the way I did ... with a click. Your dream bucket list is waiting, from the wailing wall in Jerusalem to Istanbul in Turkey when gatherings of crowds, a short while ago, was perfectly normal. What a luxury.


Explore more at OUR WORLD and image-in-ing.

Still the kid I used to be

Visit Postcards From Penelope Puddle and Penelope Puddlisms: BC Life Is A Whale Of A Ride to view more West Coast scenes.

Because the state of our planet is the most pressing issue of our time, link up and learn about the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) Report.




Comments

  1. I'm so happy to be able to take this walk with you and see all the pretty wildflowers! Take care and stay healthy! I know things will get better....and we hope and pray that is soon! Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, I love the view from the park. The daisies are so pretty and cheerful. I enjoyed the walk and your photos. I will check out the link and see where I can travel to from my chair. Take care, enjoy your day! Wishing you a happy weekend ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It’s a shame the gate to the 1001 steps was closed. By clicking the link, I couldn’t believe 8 years passed since I accompanied you to the steps and beach from my chair. The sea of white flowers is soothing to look at. They teach us lessons of renewal in the cycle of life and death.

    At Rambalac, I hopped to “Sakura in snow.” Snow in April after very warm winter is so strange. I have perceived weather has been violently changeable. The news about the abnormality of weather has gone out of sight in the overwhelming news of COVID-19.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is amazing what people are finding on You Tube. Every day, without exception, people send me links to videos or articles, but there is only so much time I wish to spend in front of a screen, however meritorious the content. And I am fortunate that I am still able to get out and bird each day, so I spend about three hours outdoors. Other than for the lack of socialization this confinement has not affected us appreciably. Certain parks I used to go to are closed, but there are so many alternatives, including remote areas out in the country it is not a major issue. I wonder how much life will change even when this is all over. We are huggers and kissers, and tend to have friends who are similarly inclined. I would hate to think that those kinds of greetings are going to disappear. One woman told me the other day that when her kids go back to day care, which she considers a bit of a petri dish in any event, she may be reluctant to hug them when she picks them up. Now that is sad.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The wildflowers are my saving grass. Birds too. On the stop sign photo, my mind is saying "Stop that."

    ReplyDelete
  6. Some people are entirely unable to accept reality these days and I would assume the sign defacer is among them. .... otherwise, what a pretty walk and even if the gate is closed, I’m glad you’re able to get out... we can also walk in our neighborhood. I’m even getting used to wearing a mask.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful photos--thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a creative post with delightful photos and video ~ love the daisies ^_^

    Be Well ~
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the field of flowers - amazing - wish I could walk there.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I posted the spice market in Istanbul today!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I never understood the "kick" some people get from vandalism. Just me, I guess.
    Thanks for sharing at https://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2020/04/aruba-archived.html

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your thoughts add colour to the content and are always much appreciated. Please note comments embedded with links might not go through.

Popular posts from this blog

The Couch Art Where Bernie Came To Visit

The Door To Forest Magic At Sandy Trail

Fanning The Flames Of Extreme Weather