Are We There Yet?

Sometimes grownups are like kids in the backseat, impatient to get to a destination. I know the feeling. Strange things are happening ... my husband has started writing a screenplay, don't know if he'll finish it. He's never written one before. This stay at home policy inspired me to get back to Penelope art among other things.

While I kept close to home, Penelope traveled through portals, over clouds and dipped her foot in rainbow drenched water. Her elephant friend, Blue, made rainbows, too.

On my walk, waves of choppy waters flew like manes on galloping horses. Across the bay, city dwellers (below) coped in their own ways, alone together. Everyone wants life to get back to how it was before the virus. People mostly follow the rules of distancing, etc. knowing it creates less burden on hospitals. This moment is pivotal. B.C. shows signs that the arc is bending but we are not there yet. With better weather some might decide they have "had enough", indulge in risky behaviors and wipe away all previous efforts. “To lose patience is to lose the battle,” Mahatma Gandhi said. Waiting is hard. Less freedom is hard. Being part of a global community to save lives is rewarding. In the arc of history, this is our moment ... when normalcy is the true pot of gold.


Explore more at OUR WORLDimage-in-ing and Mosaic Monday.

Still the kid I used to be

Visit Postcards From Penelope Puddle and Penelope Puddlisms: BC Life Is A Whale Of A Ride to view more West Coast scenes.

Because the state of our planet is the most pressing issue of our time, link up and learn about the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) Report.


Comments

  1. Hello, I love your art, it is nice you are doing the Penelope art now. The wave photo is lovely. I am being patient, waiting till it is safe. Take care, enjoy your day and week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great art, Maria. I really think it is important to keep in mind that this virus has affected the entire world, and that as part of an interconnected global community we need to do our part, difficult though it may be. Somehow there seems to be some comfort in sharing the pain with people all over the world. I do think this will be a watershed moment in the history of humankind. Stay safe, stay well, stay sane.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well said, my friend, well said. I taught many classes on transition during my time as an HR professional, and one of the silver linings we emphasized is that a time of ambiguity can also be an opportune time for creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Of course I also have to dive into my old pictures and memories, but that is fun too, normally I have always something new. Nice that you started your art again !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Restoring the life before the new coronavirus looks to be a distant dream. We’ve missed many things but we are gaining new things. Your husband’s writing screenplay could be his new normal. I like the horse-mane waves and the Penelope works. I had thought “patience” is kind of passive, but now I understand it’s active strength of concentration. I hope and pray people don’t loose all their attention to the battle with the virus because of good weather. Keep patient, keep persistent.

    Yoko

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such wonderful drawings! I'm not in any hurry to get out and about so will continue to read, journal and knit. Have a grand week!

    Visit me at https://abitoftheblarney.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for the Gandhi quote, perfect for right now. As is your entire post. We need to ride it out, take care of ourselves at the same time as we remember we are isolating and wearing masks to help others and the world as much as to safeguard ourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  8. P.S. Thanks for linking to Mosaic Monday. Great to have you back again!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Penelope is adorable! Thank you for sharing.
    Dawn aka Spatulas On Parade visiting from the Mosaic Monday
    https://spatulasonparade.blogspot.com/2020/05/keeping-busy-during-covid-19-mosaic.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I love your art! How talented you are and what a perfect time to do these. I like the quote about patience too! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are quite the artist. I love your thoughts on patience. Many here are protesting because they want their freedom!!
    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your art is very creative. One thing about this situation is I know I'm not missing out on any events!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So creative! Love that last photo. Where was it taken?
    Thanks for linking up at https://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2020/05/quarantine-baking.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sue, Thanks for dropping by. What we're seeing across Boundary Bay are City of Burnaby high rises and the North Shore Pacific Coast Range Mountains in the background photographed from the Blackie Spit area of Crescent Beach in South Surrey.

      Delete
  14. Your art is amazing! My favourite is the one with the elephants!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. My daughter’s childhood art merges with mine in many cases. I am having fun playing with the little snippets and drawings I find in the memorabilia drawer again.

      Delete
  15. Magical art! Is that David in the mask?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it is a replica of the famed David in Rome. The statue was nearly human-sized standing at the door of a house.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Your thoughts add colour to the content and are always much appreciated. Please note comments embedded with links might not go through.

Popular posts from this blog

The Couch Art Where Bernie Came To Visit

The Door To Forest Magic At Sandy Trail

Fanning The Flames Of Extreme Weather