One Of A Kind In The Middle Of A Quadrillion

I saw sailboats on a windless day recently at Crescent Beach. It was relaxing to watch them get nowhere bobbing gently in the water ... relaxing in contrast to events in the news. In addition to other horrors, there were earthquakes in California and relatively minor shakes along the BC coast. Luckily no lives were reported lost. Devastation occurs regularly in our world as do joyful moments, although life usually straddles the middle like the stairway (below) with a forest on either side and shore at the bottom.

In Ocean Park, the 1001 Steps had no walkers so it was up to me to make those wooden boards creak and to hear the birds sing as they darted from leaf to leaf.

Along Sandy Trail, there was a red door saying welcome that led nowhere except to where my imagination could take me as it did HERE.

A crow hoping for scraps found none ... on either side of the fence (below).

It occurred to me that even when there’s nothing to find and nowhere to go it’s surreal to just lie on the grass and watch clouds drift over our remarkable world away from the news ... especially since our chances of being born to witness all this is said to be 1 in 400 trillion to 1 in 400 quadrillion. Each of us exists improbably if not impossibly.


See more of our OUR WORLD by exploring sites from around the globe.

Still the kid I used to be

Visit Postcards From Penelope Puddle and Penelope Puddlisms: BC Life Is A Whale Of A Ride to view more West Coast scenes.

Because the state of our planet is the most pressing issue of our time, link up and learn about the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) Report.

Comments

  1. I love the sailboats going nowhere and the red door that opens a mystery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being out in nature calms me ... and we all need calming these days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The sea and a boat are such wonderful images and I do want to "explore" the red door to nowhere.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Magnificent photos ~ love the sailboat ones especially!

    Happy Day to you,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Walking in the countryside with all of nature around me, is my medicine, therapy and antidote to the stresses of the world in which we live.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful cloud shots - and I love that little, red door.

    ReplyDelete
  7. With so much devastation in the world, it is definitely important to soak up & embrace the joyful moments, for sure. I definitely feel my most joyful & calm when standing before such scenes in your first photo - there is something very relaxing about bodies of water.

    Interesting collection of photos.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello, your views of the boats and water is beautiful. 1001 steps, now that is exercise! Love the crow and sky photos. Lovely images from your walk. Enjoy your day, wishing you a great week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful photos.
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. You say 'It occurred to me that even when there’s nothing to find and nowhere to go it’s surreal to just lie on the grass and watch clouds drift over our remarkable world away from the news'. I so agree!!

    Beautiful 1st image & I adored the crow looking for handouts - on BOTH sides of the fence.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the way you write and those photos just draw me in. Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. A wonderful perspective and reminder of how precious life truly is. I try every day (and mostly get there) to be grateful for my life and where I am living it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The boats are very peaceful and I am thinking about the people in california Horrible We recently had some minor shakes again Alway unsettling again.
    Your cloud picture is beautiful as well and I love little fairy doors I have one in my garden

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your thoughts add colour to the content and are always much appreciated. Please note comments embedded with links might not go through.

Popular posts from this blog

The Couch Art Where Bernie Came To Visit

The Door To Forest Magic At Sandy Trail

Fanning The Flames Of Extreme Weather