Sweet Dreams

Vancouver appointments and long stints in waiting rooms had some folks seeming to nap while I looked out the window and contemplated the "memories and dreams" prompt from Poets and Storytellers United, resulting in my poem below.
Although I've had my share of nightmares, I've also had dreams where I'm levitating, light as a leaf, the key player and/or observer wrapped up in vivid yet strangely vague and deliciously mysterious plots from which I don't want to wake. Perhaps you've had similar experiences. Usually, such dreams pick up on past memories or events of the day and reflect thoughts that linger in the subconscious mind. I imagine that the many people who sleep in these Vancouver highrises have had dreams that felt amazingly real. Our dream lives are so much more than a playground where we pretend.
Explore more at Poets and Storytellers United and SKYWATCH


Because the state of our planet is the most pressing issue of our time, link up and learn about the  Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) Report.

HOLD ONTO THE LIGHT

Comments

  1. Wow, I didn't realize Vancouver was such a big city! It's been years since I've been there. That's a beautiful skyline!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your thoughts add colour to the content and are always much appreciated. Please note comments that are embedded with activated links might not go through.

Popular posts from this blog

The Couch Art Where Bernie Came To Visit

The Door To Forest Magic At Sandy Trail

Fanning The Flames Of Extreme Weather