Happy Landings

A woman brought her own clouds for protection from the summer sun in "rainy" B.C.
When I was a child learning about these ghostly sky-drifters, the cumulus, cirrus, stratus and nimbus clouds were highlighted. Nowadays, there are more distinctive breakdowns to learn about but it is still the dark gray nimbus that carries the rain. We are all familiar with the brooding signs even without the help of weather presenters.
Mostly the clouds have been cheerful, wispy and barely visible this season. I sometimes stop to watch the show of "pretenders" and "wannabes" that will not squeeze out a single drop of moisture. On the ground and in the news, a discovery of dinosaur tracks in a dried-up river hint at the fate of human footprints one day.
Meanwhile, despite the excessive heat, it's been perfect beach weather for some.
Soon children will be back in school. Covid is still here but doesn't feel as dangerous. There are now antidotes and known methods to keep the most harmful aspects low.
It seems like a good time to lift the heavy burdens of the past years even though so much of the world is still very much mired in human-caused turmoil and instability.
Above is my favourite place to sit and sky-watch but I don't know how long the bench will last. Its wood is chipped and spongy due to previous rains. On the back, there's a plaque dedicated in part to someone named Waters. It concludes with Happy Landings, a saying also on some Penelope cards. Happy landings is what I'll want the most when I venture beyond my B.C. walks. It might be too early to celebrate Covid lessening but not too late for an upcoming short visit to the UK with an adventurous friend. Air travel makes me a bit skittish. It would be great if I could swoop to wherever I want to go with my umbrella but I'm no Mary Poppins and only part Penelope Puddle.
Explore more at SKYWATCH and check out my sites: Postcards from Penelope Puddle and Musings of A Puddlist In B.C.

Because the state of our planet is the most pressing issue of our time, link up and learn about the  Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) Report.
HOLD ONTO THE LIGHT

Comments

  1. I love your bench and its views. I could sit there for hours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a great sky watching perch. I love your photos. Enjoy your trip. Take lots and lots of pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have seen many dark clouds lately, but none of them have dropped any moisture here, no matter how much I might wish it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello,
    The umbrella with the clouds is cute. The bench is in the perfect place. I love the views of the water and sky. Take care, have a happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How did that bottle get there?! The clouds paint masterpieces on the sky.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The bottle is a balloon someone hung on a string. It floated towards the telephone wires above me during my walk. :)

      Delete
  6. We too are anxious to travel again, but there seems to be chaos in the world's airports at present and we are reluctant. We also are ever more mindful of our carbon footprint and that will be a factor too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the second picture. I can almost feel the movement of the clouds. And the 2 sail boats reflected in the water is striking. And of course how could I not like the *old* bench :) weathered and worn, but still standing. LOLOLO Be safe on your trip abroad!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those wispy clouds are spectacular. The first photograph looks like a painting. I'll keep my fingers and toes crossed that the bench is replaced.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your favorite place, with this old bench and the rocks it looks so romantic ! I wished we had a lake near my town.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful place and wonderful photography ~ Xo

    Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days ~ Xo

    A ShutterBug Explores ~
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is typical in Asia to use umbrella to shield oneself from the harmful rays of the sun. Somehow we didn't use hats so much as we do umbrellas :)

    Worth a Thousand Words

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for sharing these lovely photos, and the notes for them.
    yes, how and when humans follow the dinosaur's fate is uncertain, but there are many ways to go : climate change, food shortages, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for the beautiful landscapes and skies.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Another wonderful selection of photos. One of my gifts for my birthday was a pretty umbrella that would be ideal for using this way. I do like that cloud brolly :) I am always looking up at the clouds. Your favorite place is delightful and many of these photos you shared today I wish I could step into. Hold onto the light indeed, more important than ever. Thank you for the reminders!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's a lovely spot -- If the bench gives up, I hope it will be replaced (and the memorial plaque transferred). I'm familiar with clouds that promise rain and clouds that deliver it too! We need more of the latter here too. (I no longer complain about rainy days and am rather ashamed of myself for ever doing so.) Have a great time on your trip!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your thoughts add colour to the content and are always much appreciated. Please note comments embedded with links might not go through.

Popular posts from this blog

The Couch Art Where Bernie Came To Visit

The Door To Forest Magic At Sandy Trail

Fanning The Flames Of Extreme Weather