A Tale Of Three Cats

Three pairs of marble eyes stared at me as I stopped to take a picture. The cats must have been looking for an elevated dry spot after a downpour just minutes earlier. One escaped off the roof of the car but the other two stayed still for my camera.

Their sphinx-like inscrutable faces gave me the uneasy feeling that they knew more about life than I did and that they would keep their secrets close to themselves.


What WERE these wide-eyed creatures thinking? Cat expressions are hard for me to read but that is not necessarily true for others, including the renowned author Ernest Hemingway. He once said, "A cat has absolute emotional honesty: human beings, for one reason or another, may hide their feelings, but a cat does not.”


See OUR WORLD to explore more sights from around the globe.

You can also check out Saturday's Critters HERE.

Still the kid I used to be

Visit Postcards From Penelope Puddle and Penelope Puddlisms: BC Life Is A Whale Of A Ride to view more West Coast scenes.

Because the state of our planet is the most pressing issue of our time, link up and learn about the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) Report.

Comments

  1. Hello, I have found cat prints on top on our car. I think it is from a stray cat in the neighborhood. I feel sorry for the strays, that live outside. The cats do have beautiful eyes, wonderful photos. Thanks for linking up and sharing your post. Enjoy your day, wishing you a happy new week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hemingway, of course, was a renowned cat lover and you can still see the descendants of his cats if you visit his home, now a historic site, in Key West, FL., USA. They are of that type (I forget the name) that has six toes. He used to retire to a separate building to write and no one was allowed access except for the cats who entered via a rope bridge connecting the main residence and the writing room.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the cat shots and narrative to go with them. I've had neighbor's cats on my car but only one at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish the kitties could share their insights about the state of the world. Maybe they understand more than I do there is a terrible lot that I don’t.) I was going to astound you with my knowledge about Mr H and his six-toed cats in Key West, but I see that David beat me to it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What beautiful eyes! I used to introduce myself as “a dog lover with cat personality.” My dog almost never gave me a break with lots of energy, love, and loyalty. Cats take care of themselves more and is kind of aloof, that’s what I like about cats. Maybe you can see the heart of a cat in “The Travelling Cat Chronicles” by Hiro Arikawa.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful kitties and great photos!

    Happy Moments to You,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love cats I always had at least one all my life as an adult. They all were nearly 20 when they passed away. I know cats very well you never own a cat, she owns you, lol ! And with the time you can also understand the different expressions in their eyes. Now I have a 18 old male cat a darling and a tuxi. Couldn't live without a cat !

    ReplyDelete
  8. The hood of my car is full of paw prints each morning I go to work.

    Worth a Thousand Words

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful photos of the feline world.

    ReplyDelete
  10. they are so pretty with beautiful eyes!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your photos of these pretty cats are great! And they are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's probably nice and warm up there! Fun photos for critters!

    ReplyDelete
  13. We are cat lovers in my house, and we have often bemoaned the fact that we don't talk "cat". But that hasn't stopped Maggie from training us well in the art of feeding and petting! Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your thoughts add colour to the content and are always much appreciated. Please note comments embedded with links might not go through.

Popular posts from this blog

The Couch Art Where Bernie Came To Visit

The Door To Forest Magic At Sandy Trail

Fanning The Flames Of Extreme Weather