Wrapped In & Enraptured By Nature

There are times when I stand alone trying to convey how cozy the world can feel.

Yet now, when so many of the old leaves have disappeared, the autumn chill had me thinking of knitted wear and quilts as I walked along Sandy Trail in Crescent Beach.

Looking up, down and all around there were plenty of patterns and colours perfect for woolly sweaters and afghans to keep me warm. The foliage provided the fabric and a photo art's program provided "needles" and textures.

Berry red and crisp green shades could make a cheery blanket on a couch.

Sprigs of yellow delicate leaves could cover a pillow to cuddle.

Broad green leaves might work as a large bedspread ...

and who wouldn't want to sleep in a cloud?

Fluffs of white (above) would feel marsh mellow soft for scarf and mittens.

Faded browns melting into ground could make comfortable socks and slippers.

Crimson would ward off the gray in a coat and the grassy tans (below) could weave a cozy winter cap. The natural elements that shed and grow under our feet provide for life's physical needs as well as inspire creative imaginings.


See OUR WORLD to explore more sights from around the globe.

Also check out Mosaic Monday.

Still the kid I used to be

Visit Postcards From Penelope Puddle and Penelope Puddlisms: BC Life Is A Whale Of A Ride to view more West Coast scenes.

Because the state of our planet is the most pressing issue of our time, link up and learn about the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) Report.

Comments

  1. Luv the clouds, so cuddly to my imagination. Happy Mosaic Monday

    Much🌻love

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! such creative nature photography ~ love them all ~

    Happy Day to You,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  3. They don't call it the great outdoors for nothing! The close-ups look like they were shot through a screen. The world crimson, like scarlet, is like a one word poem to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful art creations from nature. Have you seen the wearable art that Yvonne Maxinchuk has created from her paintings? You images made me think about them. http://www.yvonnemaximchuk.com/wearable-art-for-sale.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, yes, I want to sleep on clouds and wear a hat of grass and reeds. I love your imagination. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maria - so, so glad to have you at Mosaic Monday! Your images and prose about colors and fabrics were very stimulating. In some cases, I found myself thinking about food more than textiles - the "fading brown" photo just screamed CARAMEL to me!!! Maybe it's just getting too close to Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello,

    I enjoyed the walk on the trail and all the beautiful nature scenes. Sleeping on a cloud, it must be so soft. Lovely images. Enjoy your day, wishing you a good week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love getting out in nature and find so much peace and beauty in the forest! I've really enjoyed your photos...each and every one of them! Wish we could walk together!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A wonderful series of pictures, Maria, accompanied as always by a beautiful narrative. i wish you lived next door,

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pretty pictures you captured in nature around you! I love seeing autumn colors, even if they are faded.



    My Corner of the World

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi! I want to sleep in a cloud with a yellow leaves covered pillow.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh how lovely Maria ... I would love to spend late Autumn in your imagined world. I’ll use some of your imagery to meditate with tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think I know how you got inspired by the late autumn nature when walking on the Sandy Trail. Colors and patterns we can borrow from nature are inexhaustible. I love your choice, Penelope, both bright and subdued ones. I’d like to sleep in a cloud.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your thoughts add colour to the content and are always much appreciated. Please note comments embedded with links might not go through.

Popular posts from this blog

The Couch Art Where Bernie Came To Visit

The Door To Forest Magic At Sandy Trail

Fanning The Flames Of Extreme Weather