Bringing Nature's Majesty Indoors For Christmas

TALL and straight, the tree stood in perfect symmetry adorned like a gorgeous guest who knows how to bring both warmth and glamour to a room. The artificial evergreen at a Vancouver home I visited recently is the prettiest I've seen yet this season.

The tradition evolved from pagan rituals into a modern day art form that once symbolized the re-birth of spring and nowadays everlasting life. Years build as do ornaments and memories of Christmases when real trees were the only option.

This trimmed tree cozies up a home but at its core emulates starry nights with its strings of light and seeks to replicate the majesty of nature. So if the season snuck up early and made you feel a bit weary, I hope it inspires you the way it did me.


See OUR WORLD to explore more sights from around the globe.

Still the kid I used to be

Visit Postcards From Penelope Puddle and Penelope Puddlisms: BC Life Is A Whale Of A Ride to view more West Coast scenes.

Because the state of our planet is the most pressing issue of our time, link up and learn about the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) Report.

Comments

  1. Christmas trees evoke so many memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous. Loved reading your narration

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christmas trees are...well, Christmas trees. Whatever original significance they had has been lost over the ages, but they remain as a beacon of joy and giving for all who participate in the tradition.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Christmas tree is so fascinating and inspiring; one of the loveliest ones I’ve ever seen. It reminds me of a Christmas tree standing tall and proud in the living room in my childhood. My parents did almost everything to please my bedridden younger brother. He passed away at 16 so young. This post is so evocative calling up my fond memory of bitter-sweet past.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing, stardust. It’s always so terribly sad to hear of life being cut short but it sounds like your dear brother got much love and positive attention throughout his time on earth.

      Delete
  5. Putting up a small tree brings back wonderful memories of growing up and my parents making the holidays special. I don't know how Mom managed to do all the baking and cooking she did and still work full time as a teacher. Dad did help a lot with the cooking, but the baking was all hers except for the steamed Christmas pudding. That was his specialty. - Margy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh its gorgeous! Must have been lovely to be there in person. I felt I was through your photos. Such warmth comes through them. You were a very cute little girl, I feel like a kid still at times. Thank you for that very important link also. Trying to do my part in my own small way.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wonderful decoration and lovely narration.
    have a great day

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautifully decorated tree. I also love you header with the mass of umbrellas.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We too have Wonderful memories around Christmas trees...these are beautiful. I hope your day was full of love and joy.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your thoughts add colour to the content and are always much appreciated. Please note comments embedded with links might not go through.

Popular posts from this blog

The Couch Art Where Bernie Came To Visit

The Door To Forest Magic At Sandy Trail

Fanning The Flames Of Extreme Weather