Hiding In Plain Sight

There's been a desert, dried out "are we living on Mars?" feel to the environment much of this summer. With little to no rain and the sun burning down, people have tried to enjoy the weather yet hide from it in some way. Tents give precious shade.

I briefly borrowed a sunshiny-yellow umbrella to take the heat off.

The couple (above) kept the hot sun off their heads by using umbrellas normally reserved for the rain. Did they see what I saw along the thirsty path? A tiny feather tangled in an almost invisible dry wisp of grass swayed in the breeze.

Circling like a clock with no hands, Father Time's face was etched on a fallen tree.

That we exist at all is miracle enough but sometimes the wonder of life is hidden because it's too "in your face" to fully appreciate. "The familiar, precisely because it is familiar, remains unknown." according to Hegel, whose quote I found at one of my favorite sites, THE BEAUTY WE LOVE.

The sun cast glittering gems onto the wet pebbles at my feet in Crescent Beach. Cosmic reflections flickered on the sandy shore where perhaps life first formed in the primordial sea. A traveling galactic speck, changing due to external and now human internal forces, Earth's been a reliable spaceship that hasn't veered off course yet.

Go to OUR WORLD to discover more fascinating places from around the globe.

Visit Postcards From Penelope Puddle and Penelope Puddlisms: BC Life Is A Whale Of A Ride to view more South West Coast scenes in British Columbia.

Comments

  1. Hasn’t veered yet, but sometimes I wonder if it can continue on this steady course in spite of everything being done to it. It is very hot and dry here too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And PS ....beautiful photos, especially love the ‘fallen stars’ that have somehow landed on your beach.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have had a very hot, dry summer which is unusual but something we are going to have to adjust to. I think we will be seeing more and more umbrellas used as shade but I doubt they will be as pretty as your yellow one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello! I so much enjoyed visiting your site today. It has brightened my morning before work. I love the little observations like the feather. It sounds like it has been a hot dry summer in the northern hemisphere, and I fear sometimes for the future. Meanwhile where I live in Australia it has been a cold wet winter. Have a fabulous week. I am joining you today at Our World Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely shots and thoughts! Hope it is starting to cool off now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello, it is the opposite here, we are having too much rain. I wish I could send you some. I love the views of the beach,water and sparkles. Lovely series. Enjoy your day and week ahead!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your thoughts add colour to the content and are always much appreciated. Please note comments embedded with links might not go through.

Popular posts from this blog

The Couch Art Where Bernie Came To Visit

The Door To Forest Magic At Sandy Trail

Fanning The Flames Of Extreme Weather